Thursday, April 22, 2010

Seeing Double

What is the deal with double chicken breasts everywhere these days?  I go to my favorite (insert your favorite chain or local restaurant here) and I order a chicken dish because chicken is healthy, right?  Well, it can be a good choice, but it seems like these days our portions are getting even larger.  Case in point?  KFC's new chicken sandwich called the "Double Down" that substitutes buns that would normally hold a chicken breast for...two pieces of chicken.  And to top it off there are two slices of cheese and two strips of bacon between the two pieces of chicken.  Here is a picture just for those keeping score:

And not to worry about researching the nutritional information before considering this as your next lunch purchase.  Here are a few of the amazing facts:  540 calories, 32 grams of fat, and 1380 mg of sodium.  And don't fool yourself into thinking the "Grilled Double Down" is any better with a savings of only 80 calories on it's counterpart and an extra 50mg of sodium!  

So, the next time you are out and think about ordering a fried chicken sandwich (especially one that has two fried chicken breasts) you might want to reconsider. 

2 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law goes to church with one of your family members and they started discussing us! :) She came home and gave me your website since I too am like you into Healthy Living.

    I just started my blog a few weeks ago and trying to get the word out on Twitter.

    I've lost 60 pounds and have kept it off for almost 16 months! I am completely obsessed with the feeling of being healthy and am trying to spread the word.

    Nice to meet you and keep spreading the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete