Monday, April 12, 2010

Screen Shots - MyPlate from LIVESTRONG.COM

As promised, here are some screen shots to give you an idea of what the MyPlate features on Livestrong.com look like.  And remember it's FREE!  You can even create you own custom recipes from your kitchen to add to the system for simple calculations.

Screen 1:
you can see that my total calories consumed for the day are shown on the right side of the screen in the left of two boxes.  2236 calories.  Quite a lot considering my target is to loose 2 pounds per week for the next several weeks.  But you can also see next to this 2263 is my very FAVORITE measurement of all; Calories Burned.  So, my Saturday morning workout of 20 minutes on the treadmill and 1 hour Pilate class act as a "credit" and still allow me to be within my actual goal of 1722 net calories per day.  Wow!  No more guess work on how much to eat or how much to workout.  If you like being organized and following the numbers, this is a great solution. (click picture to enlarge)




Here are a couple more screen shots to give you an idea of how much detail is available.  This screen shows my meal totals and not only tracks calories, but also tracks other important indicators like fat, sugar, fiber, and protein.  Off to the far right you'll notice the daily tracking calendar to show how my performance on previous days compares.  The red line is the "loose two pounds a week" line. (click picture to enlarge) 




On this screen, you can see the daily and weekly totals as well as a convenient place to track your eight glasses of water per day that is recommended. (click picture to enlarge)





On this last page I have switched to my "Fitness" tab where it shows my workouts for the day.  This tool is a great way to not only track calories and loose a few pounds, but also do some research ahead of meals on what to eat or not eat. (click picture to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment