Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Late night eating

What is it that makes you raid the refrigerator late into the evening?  The last meal of the day has worn off and you are jonesing for something salty or sweet.  You do the ritualistic dance by opening the pantry door, refrigerator door & ending by peeking in your spouses favorite hiding place for sweet treats.  You might even be one to get up mid-sleep to see if something has magically appeared in the afore mentioned places.  So how do you resist the temptation to continue to eat late into the evening?  It would seem that is just the solution; resist the temptation.  Give yourself boundaries that sound something like, "I won't snack after xx time." or, "I will only eat a certain amount of food after the last meal of the day."  Helping regulate either your quantity of intake or when the cutoff can help you from consuming extra calories at the end of what might have been a very healthy day!

What other ideas have worked for you to help cut off late night eating habits?

1 comment:

  1. If I brush my teeth well before bed time then when I'm tempted to eat something I'll think "No I've already brushed my teeth and I don't want to do it again." Skip

    ReplyDelete