Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The effects of STRESS!


No one is a stranger to stress.  If you've lived long enough you've faced your fair share.  So how does stress impact us on a daily basis?  How does it effect us physically & emotionally?  Well, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I'm not a medical expert so I can't tell you the actual effects on your body, but I can surmise a bit and would love your input too.

The first thing I think of with stress is a racing mind.  No time to slow down. No time to stop and think.  Just going 100 miles per hour!!!  Imagine what happens to a mind that is always engaged.  It could lead to loss of appetite & loss of sleep which we all know can have a detrimental impact on us physically.

Stress can also leave us without a sense of direction.  Because we are pulled in several directions, we are never able to focus on one specific task.  When my stress levels seem to be high, I tend to be less organized than I would like.  Lack of organization isn't terrible, but it can lead us to quick food (i.e., unhealthy) solutions when we have failed to plan ahead.

So, how does stress effect you?


No comments:

Post a Comment